Farmers' Market Returns To Seven Hills This Summer
The 2016 City of Seven Hills Farmers’ Market, sponsored by Taleris Credit Union, Inc., opened on June 30, 2016. The Market is located at the corner of Hillside Road and Broadview Road adjacent to Fire Station No. 1. The City of Seven Hills Farmers’ Market will continue to provide a place for farmers, backyard gardeners and home food producers a location to sell their items and a place to connect with our wider community. Please shop our Farmers’ Market every Thursday, now through September 29th from 4-7PM.
Why shop at the Seven Hills Farmers’ Market?
- Cost Effectiveness - It keeps dollars in our local economy and it strengthens opportunities for our neighbors who are farmers and producers of artisan goods. Studies show that of every $100 spent at a locally owned business, $48 stays in the community. Of every $100 spent at a national chain store, less than $14 spent stays in the community.* Where you spend your money does make a difference. *Source: Civic Economics – Andersonville Study of Retail Economics
- Taste and Nutrition - Buying locally grown food in season will benefit your family’s health; fresh, nutritious produce, usually picked that day for the market also means fewer to no preservatives, they are not needed to extend shelf life.
- Energy Conservation and Environmental Impact - By purchasing locally produced items, you are doing your part to conserve energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation and less packaging, thereby lowering your carbon footprint.
- Promote Entrepreneurship – Small businesses are what the American economy is founded upon.
- Create Community - It enables relationship-building with the Market providers. The individual you are buying from is most likely the person, who grew, picked, bottled, baked, created or prepared the item purchased. Our Market providers are an integral part of the distinctive character of Seven Hills and are proud to be a part of it!
Our 2016 vendors include: All Jammed Up (jam), Burning Asphalt Sauces (condiments), Cecilia’s Sweet Delights (bakery), Cossel Farms (produce), Esther 212 (aromatherapy), Fresh Butcher (meat), Kernels by Chrissie (kettle corn), Luther’s Farm (produce and meat), Nine Spoons (Italian Wedding Soup), R. Foote Family Farm (produce), Scentsational Soap (soaps, body butter and lip balm), The Honeyest One (honey), The Little Green Oasis (pure & natural aromatherapy products for personal, household and pet use), Three Sweet Sisters (pies, strudel, pretzel bread).
The list is always changing at the Seven Hills Farmers’ Market and not every vendor attends every week. We also are continuously adding vendors. If you know of some good people we need to invite, please contact Kathy email@example.com , Jen firstname.lastname@example.org or Jo Ann email@example.com
Happy, Healthy, Homegrown; the Seven Hills Farmers’ Market, growing community by inspiring healthy, sustainable, abundant living!
The Seven Hills Farmers’ Market is sponsored by Taleris Credit Union, Inc.