Parma Heights Recreation Spring Sports
Spring is around the corner and the Parma Heights Recreation department is in full swing with the 2023 program and events calendar. Adults can lace up their dancing shoes and enjoy big band, ballroom and line dancing in February and March. Registration opens in February for T-Ball, Baseball and Softball.
Parma Heights Recreation Department is offering the current programs and events:
- Ballroom & Big Band Dance Party on Friday, February 10 from 5:30 to 7:30pm in the Community Rooms of the Cassidy Theatre. Adults can put on their dancing shoes and relish in a variety of music and dance steps. Registration is required.
- Beginner Line Dancing on Saturday, February 18 from 1 to 3pm in the Community Rooms of the Cassidy Theatre. Mary Wood will teach the basic steps for those wanting to try line dancing. Registration is requested and the fee is $6 cash at the door.
- Intermediate Lin Dancing on Saturday, March 11 from 1 to 3pm in the Community Rooms of the Cassidy Theatre. Instructors Mary and Jamie will help instruct everyone on a boot-scooting good time. Registration is requested and the fee is $6 cash at the door.
Registration is required for spring and summer sports and activities:
- Parma Heights Recreation plays in the Suburban Recreational Ball League. Practices will begin in May and the season is June through July. Registration is now open for the following Sports:
- T-Ball for ages 5 & 6 years old
- Baseball for ages 7 to 18 years old
- Softball for ages 7 to 18 years old
- Spring Soccer registration will be open by the middle of February, but space is limited.
- Penguin Swim Team for ages 6 to 18 from June 2 to July 28 at the pool. Participants must be able to swim 25 yards Front Crawl (Freestyle) or Breaststroke, they can begin in swim lessons and transfer to Penguins when ready (swim lesson fees apply). Developmental Level: First-time swimmers & those 10 and under. Registration opens on March 1.
- Lifeguard Training for ages 15 years or older in May. Various courses are offered, visit the website to register.
Mark your calendars, the 2nd Annual Earth Day in the Commons sponsored by NOPEC on Saturday, April 29 from 1 to 4pm featuring North East Ohio’s many environmental organizations with music, activities, live animal experiences & more!
And, Parma Heights Recreation is hiring seasonal staff for: Lifeguards, Pool Customer Service, Deck Crew, Park Maintenance and Umpires. For more info, call 440-884-9606.
For more information and to register, visit http://parmaheightsoh.gov/en-us/recreation.aspx
Parma Heights – Community Grows Here.
Marie Gallo is the Mayor of Parma Heights