Arts In Parma
*Images In Bloom, soap, silk and more, owned by Parma residents Barb & Steve Bloom, is having an open house in their new studio May 7th, noon to 5 pm. The studio is located on the 5th floor of the Twist Drill Bldg at 4700 Lakeside Ave. The studio offers a great view of Lake Erie. Several other studios will be open to the public that day. Parking is across the street.
*Prama Artspace & Gallery, 5411 Pearl Rd is closed temporarily. It will reopen in about a month. Watch the Prama Facebook page for details.
* Call For Artists - The Parma Area Council 2023 Annual Medley of Arts Show, is Saturday, May 20th and Sunday May 21, 2023, at the Donna Smallwood Activities Center. An independent panel of judges will determine the winners in each of the 5 categories. Seven cash prizes will be awarded. Deadline for entry is May 15th. Details, deadlines, rules and application can be downloaded at www.parmafinearts.org. Or contact Michelle by calling 216-618-0956, or by email at beartracksart.com, with questions, or if you’d like an application mailed.
* Greenbrier Art League is a group of artists that meet every Tuesday at the Parma Heights Cassidy Theater, in the social room in the downstairs of the theater. It is free and open to all artists that would like to come and work on their projects from 10 am to 1 pm. They do a little assignment each month and have a critic on the last Tuesday. Coffee and friendship is provided. If you are interested stop in and join them.
* Parma Area Fine Arts Council (PAFAC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing art to the community. This organization has both artists and crafters, and those that just enjoy the arts. In addition to classes they also partner with other community members on events and hold an an annual art show with prizes. They are looking for new members. Are you interested? Email email@example.com for more information.
* Call For Artists – The Parma Area Historical Society at Stearns Homestead is inviting artists to participate in open air painting on Saturday, July 8, 2023. Artists are to bring their own supplies and set up between 9:30 & 10:00 am. Stearns opens to the public at 11:00 am. Artists should pre-register. No registration fee.
* Great Lakes Wood Carvers meet every Tuesday evening, 6:30 to 8:00 pm, at the Donna Smallwood Activities Center located at 7001 W Ridgewood Dr., for an open carve night. This is a laid back friendly group, and anyone interested in carving can stop and visit. They were founded in 1975.
Board Secretary of Parma Area Fine Arts Council, Inc, or PAFAC, and Artist/Jewlery Designer, Owner Aire of Oppulence.