Arts In Parma
* Prama Artspace Gallery - 5411 Pearl Rd. Opening on Friday, August 4th, Slain Nemo will be on exhibit through August 20, 2023, titled Selfies On A Half Shell. Slain is a trained artist who starts with sketches of his ideas. He combines math, fractals, chaos theory, and computer imaging in his creations. As part of 2023 Cleveland Photo Fest, Prama will host an exhibit of alternative photography which will open on August 25th.
* Lena Atomika Photography has published a photography book titled LEGS & the Art Photography. You’ll find it on Amazon. It’s a photo book for those who appreciate wit and whimsy, with a bit of leg....and of course interesting photography. It’s officially the #1 New Release on Kindle in the Professional Photography category, and in paperback in Architectural Decoration & Ornament category. Lena is a Parma resident and the photo of legs on the cover of the book jacket are hers.
* Sean Mabin’s photography on leaves recently appeared in the Hand Magazine. The Hand Magazine is a quarterly magazine based in Kansas and has been in publication for 10 years. The Hand is a forum for “alternative” and historic photographic processes and all types of printmaking. On Sept 12th, his photography will be on display in the Living In America exhibit at Hildebrandt Bldg at 3619 Walton Ave. In November he’ll at the Doubting Thomas Gallery in Tremont. Sean is also teaching Cyanotype or Sun Print workshops, which is a form of camera-less photography.
* Jan Hasselbusch’s artwork is on display at Donna Smallwood Activities Center in the lobby, stop and view it.
* Anthony DeMarco - will be on exhibit at the 21st Annual Picket Fence Show on August 13, 2023, which is sponsored by the Richfield Historical Society and the Richfield-Hinkley Art Group. This is a one day show. The event will be held in the Johnson Barn, 4100 Broadview Rd. His work was also in the Cuyahoga Valley Art Center Floral Juried Show in July. Tony created a bird that will be on display for one year in downtown Hudson at Birdsong Public Art Exhibition. Birdsong is a unique multi-faceted public art installation of 150 bird sculptures hand-painted by local artists and installed in the trees throughout downtown Hudson.
* Reflecting Point Arts– is a newly opened Art center featuring sales of stained glass, mosaic and collage, at 5957 State Rd. Owner/operator Joe Dull, is a Parma artist. Starting in August he will be offering Art making sessions for children, teens and adults. Go to www.reflectingpointarts.com for details and more information.
* Katrina & Craig Lindsley, Parma residents have been busy. Devotions, (home-based, wick-less room fresheners, sprays, household products) & Caesar Comics, recently at Youngstown Comic Con at Canfield Fairgounds, First United Methodist Church in Akron, and Old Firehouse Winery in Geneva-on-the-Lake. Follow them on their Facebook pages to see where they’ll appearing next.
Board Secretary of Parma Area Fine Arts Council, Inc, or PAFAC, and Artist/Jewlery Designer, Owner Aire of Oppulence.