Arts In Parma
* Prama Artspace Gallery opened An Alternate Route, a show & sale of alternative photography processes, on August 25th, which runs through September 16th. This exhibit is one of a series brought to you by Cleveland Photo Fest, a local non-profit whose mission is to strengthen the appreciation of Photography as a major force in today’s visually driven culture. Lena Simovic, Lena Atomika Photography will be appearing September 8th at Prama to discuss her book, Legs: & the Art Photography of Lena Atomika Photography. Lena was also artist of the month of August for her photography on the Ohio Artists Gallery Shows/Sell/Buy Facebook page.
* Mitzi Lai, founding member of Evergreen Artists has a one woman show at Gathering Place West Cancer Support Center 25425 Center Ridge Rd in Westlake, until the end of September.
* Evergreen Artists, Nancy Notarianni & Anna Hsu were accepted into the exhibit at the airport titled “Oil and Water, They Do Mix”. Show runs October 5th to January 31, 2024.
* Denise Jansen, Parma Area Fine Arts Council, board member,is the winner of Rocky River Library bookmark contest, for her self portrait in the style of Dutch Golden Age artist Age painter Johannes Vermeer with herself as Girl with a Pearl. Denise also demonstrated crochet techniques at the Cuyahoga County Fair. She also won first place for a religious doll and tole painting, second place for tole painting, nutcracker collection, and collection of marbles. Third place for an abstract painting, room box, and a collection of nationality dolls.
* Michelle Behal, President of Parma Area Fine Arts Council, demonstrated her skills in pyrography, or wood burning at the Cuyahoga County Fair. She won first place in that category also. You’ll find her creations at The Rift Shop, 8125 Columbia Rd in Olmsted Falls. Visit her web page, www.beartracksart.com.
* The Cleveland Open Photo Show at Bostwick Design Art Initiative, 2731 Prospect Ave runs September 1st through the 30th. Opening night vote for your favorite image, winner receives $100 prize. Several local photographers are in this exhibit, brought to you by Cleveland Photo Fest.
* Jan Hasselbusch, a member of Parma Area Fine Arts Council, artworks are on display at the Donna Smallwood Activities Center in the lobby, stop in and view.
* Reflecting Point Arts– is a newly opened Art center featuring sales of stained glass, mosaic and collage, at 5957 State Rd. Owner/operator Joe Dull, is a Parma artist. He is also offering Art making sessions for children, teens and adults. Go to www.reflectingpointarts.comfor details and more information..
* Anthony DeMarco created a bird that will be on display for one year in downtown Hudson at Birdsong Public Art Exhibition. Birdsong is a unique multi-faceted public art installation of 150 bird sculptures hand-painted by local artists and installed in the trees throughout downtown Hudson. Tony is one of the several Parma photographers in the Cleveland Open Photo Show at Bostwick Design.
* Sean Mabin’s photography will be on display, starting September 12th in the Living In America exhibit at Hildebrandt Bldg at 3619 Walton Ave. In November he’ll at the Doubting Thomas Gallery in Tremont. Sean also taught a Cyanotype or Sun Print workshop in August at the Smallwood Center. Cyanotype is a form of camera-less photography.
* Greenbrier Art League is a group of artists that meet every Tuesday at the Parma Heights Cassidy Theater, in the social room downstairs of the theater. It is free and open to all artists that would like to come and work on their projects from 10 am to 1pm. They do a little assignment each month and have a critic on the last Tuesday. Coffee and friendship is provided. If you are interested stop in and join them.
Board Secretary of Parma Area Fine Arts Council, Inc, or PAFAC, and Artist/Jewlery Designer, Owner Aire of Oppulence.