Arts In Parma
* On The Move – Parma Area Fine Arts Council, or PAFAC, moved their offices from the Donna Smallwood Activities Center to 7335 Ridge Road on September 25th. This building also houses the Parma Park and Recreation Department. The new location offers the non-profit a larger space. This organization has served Parma and surrounding communities for just over 61 years. Watch for a Grand Opening celebration in November.
* Prama Artspace Gallery, 5411 Pearl Road, Lena Simovic, Lena Atomika Photography, a Parma resident is currently on exhibit. She appeared at Wall of Books in September to discuss and sign her book, Legs: & the ArtPhotography of Lena Atomika Photography. Her book is also available on Amazon. Lena was also artist of the month of August for her photography on the Ohio Artists Gallery Shows/Sell/Buy Facebook page. Exhibit closing event is scheduled for October 9th from 5 to 9 PM. Next up is artist Rafael A Valdivieso Troya, born in Ecuador and now living in Cleveland creates very intricate compositions using various media. He’s shown in various galleries in the area, and is involved with Parade The Circle. Exhibit opens October 20th.
* Sean Mabin’s photography will be on display in November at the Doubting Thomas Gallery, 856 Jefferson Ave. in Tremont.
* Evergreen Artists, Nancy Notarianni & Anna Hsu were accepted into the exhibit at the airport titled “Oil and Water, They Do Mix”. Show runs October 5th to January 31, 2024.
* Jan McAndrews – member of Parma Area Fine Arts Council and Tribe Ostara Belly Dance Group appeared atIngenuityFest 2023: Biologies & Geologies in September.
* Jan Hasselbusch, member ofParma Area Fine Arts Council,has her artwork ion display at Donna Smallwood Activities Center lobby through mid-October. Stop in and view it.
* Wall of Books, located at The Shoppes at Parma, 7783 W Ridgewood Drive, now carries the original art works of a select few talented local artists. You’ll find paintings, photography, prints and more, reasonable priced, along with their excellent selection of books, toys, games, puzzles and gifts. The artists include: Emis Art Corner, RKW Photography, Kim Karbon Photography, Fluid Vibes by Evy and Kris, members of The Parma Area Fine Arts Council, Katie Harroff, Kathryn Mabin, Donata Rahne and Michelle Behal. Stop in, view and possibly buy, the works of your talented neighbors. Thank you WOB for supporting local artists.
* Greenbrier Art League is a group of artists that meet every Tuesday at the Parma Heights Cassidy Theater, in the social room in the downstairs of the theater. It is free and open to all artists that would like to come and work on their projects from 10 am to 1pm. They do a little assignment each month and have a critic on the last Tuesday. Coffee and friendship is provided. If you are interested stop in and join them.
Board Secretary of Parma Area Fine Arts Council, Inc, or PAFAC, and Artist/Jewlery Designer, Owner Aire of Oppulence.